Sunday, November 7, 2010

Take Five


Growing up, some of my best childhood memories occurred during summers with my family out on the water. My mom would pack up lunch and snacks, and my dad would pull my brothers and I around the lake for hours. I learned to ski, well sink at first, when I was five. We progressed from the classic kneeboard and double skis to wakeboarding and slalom. There was always tubing. These are the kinds of memories I want to create with my own kids now. We might not own a boat, but we have already covered some ground in our outdoor adventures. When trying to come up with a name for the blog that would share these moments, the name of our old ocean liner came back to me- "Take Five." A perfect description of what I want this blog to be- a chance for me to take five and share. My plan is for the pictures to do most of the talking. If it becomes more of a long, drawn-out Christmas letter than a picture post card please feel free to
let me know.



Clockwise from top right: my brother, Jeff, Mark and I- back in our dating
days (Jeff's date is his wakeboard). My dad and Dr. Cleek (Pokey) probably preparing for a fishing trip.
My lovebird parents kissing on the boat- my mom is holding the ski flag in her left hand!
Daddy in his "trimmer" times preparing to tear it up on the slalom.



3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love it! So glad you are doing this...it is the easiest way I know to preserve memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land! My friend does her blog a lot like you are describing. She makes fun little comments or short stories with pictures that tell everything.
    Fun memories you shared and I love seeing old pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey,

    I'll try this once again. I almost cried while reading the story again. God has been so faithful.
    The pictures help tell the story so well.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete